Your freedom to share online is threatened.
The EU Commission wants to introduce an extra copyright for news sites that would make how you share articles today illegal – unless money changes hands. Learn about the proposals and its effects.
Members of the European Parliament from all political groups and many different countries are coming together to #SaveTheLink and defend your rights.
Are your representatives on board? Make your voice heard and tell them to defend the freedom to link – it only takes a minute.
And please spread the word!
Our freedom to share is threatened by plans for an extra copyright for news sites – #SaveTheLink! Tweet this!
Thanks to the MEPs:
- Brando Benifei (S&D, Italy)
- Michał Boni (EPP, Poland)
- Dan Dalton (ECR, UK)
- Laura Ferrara (EFDD, Italy)
- Lidia Geringer de Oedenberg (S&D, Poland)
- Kaja Kallas (ALDE, Estonia)
- Dietmar Köster (S&D, Germany)
- Philippe Lamberts (Greens/EFA, Belgium)
- Alexander Graf Lambsdorff (ALDE, Germany)
- Martina Michels (GUE-NGL, Germany)
- Julia Reda (Greens/EFA, Germany)
- Marietje Schaake (ALDE, Netherlands)
To the extent possible under law, the creator has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.